Following are some of the charities and causes I prefer to contribute to. They deal with either education or preserving the environment/wildlife, causes I care about. I try to contribute on the occasion of Yugadi and Deepawali. I am thinking I should make it thrice a year by including Sankranthi. The purpose of writing this post is to, in a way endorse the organizations and express trust in what they do. Hopefully in the long run I will be able to contribute more meaningfully rather than just donating money.
- Anandwan – http://www.arpanfoundation.org/our_projects/baba_amte.asp – This is the organization started by Baba Amte. It is a bit sad that a selfless man like Baba Amte did not get the recognition he deserves.
- Wikipedia – https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Ways_to_Give – Wikipedia is so brilliant and useful that it is worth it to keep it free.
- Ramakrishna Mission – http://donations.belurmath.org/ – Schools and Education institutes run by them are pretty good. I have known a couple of the alumni from these schools, and I have only heard good things about them.
- Ekal Vidyalaya – https://www.ekal.org/ – It is an organization that provides education in remote and tribal areas. This is a worthy endeavor, and the organization, I think, is linked to the Sangh Parivar.
- Chengeta Wildlife – http://chengetawildlife.org/ by https://www.quora.com/profile/Rory-Young-1 – These people fight poachers responsible for endangering elephants and rhinos in Africa. I have followed the activities and writings of Rory Young for more than a couple of years now, and I have nothing but respect for him. Sometimes they sell branded merchandise to raise funds.